Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tinsel Tribulations

So I realize it's been over two weeks since my last post, and there's a good reason for it. My posts began to devolve into these bitter, amorphous blobs that were satirically clever, I must admit, but leaning a little too far out of the negative seat on the ferris wheel of doubt and insecurity. And maybe it's because I'm over-medicated, or obsessed with chirpy Taylor Swift music, or I've been working out again for the first time in three weeks, but I am ridiculously content today for the first time in a REALLY LONG TIME. I can't seem to stop from smiling at the craziest, most unimportant, completely random things. Like this morning I saw a Rastafarian man in the International District that was wheeling around on a bicycle literally COVERED in Christmas garland, and you know what? He looked SO HAPPY. And I thought, if that crazy guy can ride around on what is probably his only worldly possession without a care in the world, why can't I? Yes, he's probably smiling because he just smoked a doobie in the train station and he found a dollar for Cheetos, but it's the little things that should make us thankful for every day that we have on this earth. Am I going to feel this way tomorrow? Probably not, but who can really predict how they're going to feel from day to day about life in general? All I can do today is try to maintain this mild euphoria and pray that someone doesn't ride a killer elephant through my proverbial peppy parade. I have a good job, though I may not always revel in its monotony, I have a safe home, I have wonderful friends, and most of all, I have an incredible family that is waiting for me at the end of the day.


And how great is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment